Thank you for your interest in the Gilder Lehrman Affiliate School Program. There is no cost to your school for participation in the Affiliate School Program, and all K–12 schools are welcome to register. Please note that if you are interested in bringing the program to your entire district, each school must register individually.
You can register to become an Affiliate School in two easy steps.
STEP 1: RECEIVE APPROVAL FROM YOUR PRINCIPAL
To help with this process, you can print or refer to Letter to your principal.
STEP 2: FILL OUT THE ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
This will take approximately 35 minutes to complete. You will also be able to save a draft of your registration form and return to it at a later time. Once your form is submitted, please allow 1–2 weeks for the Institute to process and review it.
Before you begin, we suggest you have the following information at hand to make your registration as smooth as possible.
- Advisor’s contact information (first and last name, email)—the designated Advisor for your Affiliate School will be your school’s main point of contact with the Gilder Lehrman Institute
- Principal’s contact information (first and last name, email)
- all History/Social Studies and ELA Teachers’ contact information (first and last names, email)
- Librarian/Media Specialists’ contact information (first and last names, email)
We also request you provide a brief demographic profile of your school, including:
- How many students are in each grade at your school?
- What is the racial/ethnic breakdown of your school?
- Is your school located in an urban, suburban, or rural setting?