The Institute invites your school to join the largest network of American-history-focused schools in the country helping to promote cutting-edge, document-based history education. We welcome applications from all schools, rural and urban, public, charter, independent, and parochial.
Gilder Lehrman Affiliate Schools receive:
- Exclusive eligibility to highly competitive Teacher Seminars
- Free classroom materials three times a year and discounts on all Gilder Lehrman resources including posters and books.
- NEW: Affiliate School Web Chat series featuring top historians
- Unlimited access to the Gilder Lehrman Collection of more than 60,000 American historical documents
- Selected traveling panel exhibitions on major historical topics
- Invitations to forums and conferences featuring leading historians
- Opportunities for students to participate in national history competitions including the Civil War Essay Contest and the Dear George Washington Contest