The Affiliate School Program is a unique gateway to education resources, events, and tools designed to bring American history to life in the classroom. Our network of schools connects teachers and students to valuable resources, including:
- Exclusive web content, including teachable documents, resource lists, and more
- Professional development opportunities, including preferential consideration to Teacher Seminars
- Free and discounted books, multimedia kits, and traveling exhibitions in the History Shop.
- Unlimited access to the Gilder Lehrman Collection of more than 60,000 American historical documents
- Opportunities for students to participate in the Civil War Essay Contest and the Dear George Washington Contest
Funded in part by the National Endowment for the Humanities, the Gilder Lehrman Affiliate School Program provides free resources and support for teaching and studying American history.