The Affiliate School Program, free to all K–12 schools, is a unique gateway to education resources, events, and tools designed to bring American history to life in the classroom. Our network of schools connects teachers and students to valuable resources, including:
- *APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN* EXCLUSIVE eligibility for our highly competitive Teacher Seminars
- FREE classroom materials and discounted books, multimedia kits, and traveling exhibitions in the History Shop
ONLINE AFFILIATE SCHOOL WEB CHATS that connect your class to eminent historians in real-time
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS to participate in the Civil War Essay Contest and the Dear George Washington Contest
- INVITATION-ONLY professional development
- UNLIMITED ACCESS to the Gilder Lehrman Collection of more than 60,000 American historical documents
- EXCLUSIVE WEB CONTENT, including teachable documents, resource lists, and more from History by Era
To register your school, click on the “How to Become an Affiliate School” box below.
Funded in part by the National Endowment for the Humanities, the Gilder Lehrman Affiliate School Program provides free resources and support for teaching and studying American history.